Newport Cathedral is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalised or not) – Newport Cathedral
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority– meaning you have the right to the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with so that you can communicate with or perform other activities on the website. This information can include, for example, your name and e-mail address. This data is not stored on this website.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your visit history (if there is any) etc. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged. This information is used to show how visitors make use of our site so that we may improve your customer experience. We do not use collected data for any advertising or marketing purposes.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service(s) to you
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
* We will inform you of any further Processing and its purpose.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with any 3rd party. Your personally identifying contact details such as name address, contact number, and email address are not shared with any outside partner or agency;
Secondary identifying information such as IP address, cookie information, browsing behaviour and other electronic footprint data is shared with our other main partners;
Our main processing partners:
- Krystal Hosting UK
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring of data to our core business databases. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable and practical. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We can provide further information regarding our database storage and security of your data on request and can ask specific questions of systems partners regarding your data security where asked.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches within 72 hours of becoming aware of a problem. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Further information regarding your data rights is available for the UK governing and oversight body, the Information Commissioner’s Office;
Information Commissioner’s Office (UK ICO)
Requesting Information About your Data
If you wish to receive a copy of your data, update or modify it, delete it, be forgotten by us or notify us of any concerns you have about the use or storage of your data, then please email us at
Please note that in contacting us you will be accepting that we will receive and retain your email address for the purpose (and sole purpose) of servicing your request.
Changes to this Personal Data Management Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this personal Data Management Policy.
Last modification was made 30/01/2020